South Yorkshire Safer Roads Partnership
  • Frequently asked questions

  • Here is a list of some of our most frequently asked questions:

    1. I'm concerned about speeding in my area - what can I do?

    If you are concerned about speeding in your area there are a number of options you can take:

    • Community Speed Watch:

    You can request a community speed watch operation through your local policing team. 

    Community Speedwatch (CSW) is a national initiative where members of the local area join forces with the police to monitor speeds of vehicles using detection devices.

    You can contact your local policing team via

    • Community concern site:

    You can request a community concern site mobile camera enforcement.

    This is done through South Yorkshire Safety Cameras – our partners who operate mobile and fixed speed cameras.

    You can do this via

    • Social media campaigns: 

    You can encourage members of the community to follow South Yorkshire Safer Roads Partnership on Facebook and Twitter to find out information about what is happening in their area.

    Speeding is part of our FatalFour campaign which is run throughout the year to raise awareness about the consequences and dangers of driving too fast.

    Our key messages focus on stopping distances, speed limits, driving on country roads and the consequences of killing or seriously injuring someone.


    Back to top


  • For further information about SYSRP and our campaigns and initiatives, or if you have any queries, then contact us using this form, drop an email to or telephone 01709 832455 and ask for the Safer Roads Office.

    To keep up-to-date with our many events and initiatives around South Yorkshire then follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

    Facebook social media sign Twitter social media sign


    Is there anything wrong with this page? Let us know